WordPress was launched in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little. They both were the users of b2/cafelog, an existing blogging software that their leading developers discontinued. This led to the creation of WordPress, intending to build a blogging software better than b2/cafelog. They knew that WordPress would benefit millions of its users, such as developers, designers, bloggers, and writers who will make their living off it. When WordPress first came out, it was simply a blogging platform. Also, it was one of the websites that people could create for themselves without having any coding knowledge.
If we look at WordPress today, it has transformed to whole new dimensions. It’s no longer just a blogging platform; instead, it is being used to build membership sites, e-commerce sites, content sites, etc. This could happen through additional plug-ins and themes that can add to your WordPress. Plug-ins in WordPress work similarly to mobile apps do for smartphones. WordPress is so popular that WordPress powers 30% of the world’s websites.
Can we make money with WordPress?
Yes, you can! But it is not a piece of cake. If you want to create a website with WordPress for blogging, you need the right business strategy. It is not easy to make money with WordPress, but it’s not impossible either. You need to be disciplined and do a little search on the Google search engine to learn whatever you are doing.
There are many ways by which you can create or increase your business with WordPress. One of the easiest ways to start your earnings with WordPress is by writing valuable and well-researched content in your blogs. To get the Traffic, you need to do some free marketing or have an option of paid advertising. Try affiliate marketing and monetize your Traffic with AdSense.
Now let us dive deeper and understand how to earn money with WordPress.
1. Create Valuable Content
Content is king! Content is the main thing that attracts users. If you have written an interesting blog that answers people’s questions, it is valuable content. Your content should not be a copy-paste of any other blog. Originality is the key! You can take ideas from the internet but always try to include your thoughts and explanation. This will make your content unique and original. Like the blog topic, we are writing on an informative blog. We are discussing How to earn money from WordPress. Many people are looking for this info.
Two blog formats work well online.
- How-to articles
Because these articles are based on common problems people face, they usually search the internet for them. You must have read many listicles like – 10 tips to look fashionable, 5 ways you can increase your earnings, and 8 tricks to sleep better at night. How articles usually talk about a problem by giving its solution. E.g., How to apply for a job, How to save electricity, and How to make more money.
2. Get Traffic to Your Content
Now you have written excellent content for your WordPress website. Your next step is to find Traffic for your content. So that it reaches your target audience and people get to see your content. There are many ways to get traffic to a WordPress website, and we have listed 4 ways to drive traffic to your WordPress website.
- Search engine optimization: SEO or Search Engine Optimisation is the best way to gain traffic to your website. SEO is why your article will get listed on the search engine result pages. The better the SEO, the better rank your paper will get. Your goal should be to appear on the first page of the google search engine. It’s human nature to only scroll through the first page of the google search. No one likes to go on the second page of a google search. Seo is not difficult, and you just need to learn these skills.
- Commenting in forums: Forums can help a lot to bring in traffic to your website. Forums are an exciting platform where people spend a lot of time looking for answers to their general questions. You can always comment on such forums with a link to your article if you think your writing can answer a particular question. You will be surprised to see how much traffic your website gets after this.
- Paid Traffic from Facebook: The following way to increase your Traffic is to bring paid traffic from Facebook. Have you seen the sponsored posts on Facebook? Those are usually posts for business purposes created to get traffic to their website or social media pages. You can run campaigns on Facebook, and they are pretty cheaper than traditional advertising.
- Reddit: Reddit is one of the greatest and the most little places on the web where people love to spend time. You get to learn so many things and will find answers to almost anything. It is a trendsetter for many other social media pages too. So, just like any forum, you can write your answers and insert the links to your website to increase traffic.
3. Monetizing Your WordPress Site
Again there are not one but many ways to monetize your WordPress website. You can make money from WordPress in many ways, but the most common is by starting with AdSense Ads. Google runs AdSense, and it allows you to place ads on your website, and when people click on the ads, you will get paid. There is another way which is Amazon’s affiliate program. You can link any product from Amazon, and when people buy through this link, you will get your commission.
These two are the most common ways, and earning from WordPress is entirely possible. It might take a little time, but you can make easy money with your consistent effort. Also, there is no such better feeling than earning the first bits of money from your website.
So, these are some ways to Earn Money with WordPress. If you plan to make an online presence, what are you waiting for? It is essential to have your website, whether it is for businesses or just for writing your blogs. Just follow these steps, and with some more research, you are good to go.
Puminati Digital works to improve the digital space of small and big businesses. If you have a business and you are planning to expand its online presence, you can contact us or know more about us on our website.