Digital marketing is quite a big field with many options under its name. According to Mail Chimp – “In practice, digital marketing typically refers to marketing campaigns that appear on a computer, phone, tablet, or another device. It can take many forms, including online video, display ads, search engine marketing, paid social ads, and social media posts.” The above three lines pretty much sum up the definition of Digital Marketing. As mentioned above, you see, there are many forms, and you might be thinking – What are the different channels you should be on? How do display ads and search marketing work? Are SEO and PPC very complicated? what are the different advantages of digital marketing? From where should I start?
We at Puminati Digital are here to help you out with your questions. Today we present you the top 5 types of digital marketing so you can choose the best from our specialized menu. So, the first thing you need to ask yourself is – Why do you want to learn about digital marketing, and who are you trying to reach? Once you have answered this question yourself, it will become easy to choose among the different digital marketing platforms.
Let’s not delay further and drive further to learn about the top 5 types of digital marketing and how you can use them for your benefit.
Let us understand Content marketing in simple ways. Content Marketing is related to creating and distributing engaging content to your audience with the medium of text, pictures, and multimedia. It is crucial to engage with your audience rather than just showcasing or broadcasting advertisements. If you are a B2C marketer, you can create content for your audience through social media posts, blog articles, and entertaining videos. If you deal with business to business (B2B), the content should be more related to white papers or reports, webinars, and educational videos.
● You get to know your audience, and you can easily attract them into your business.
● It can help you build a brand, and you get to educate, entertain, and inspire your audience and further convert them into your customers.
● Everyone nowadays is aware and knows the importance of quality content. So it has become a crowded space, making it a little hard to stand out from the crowd.
● You can’t just rely on posting average content whenever you want. To be effective, be consistent, and create good content.
Display advertising has a lot of similarities if we compare it with traditional marketing. Display advertising is just like banners and posters you see in a magazine, but the difference is that they are online. Also, you can target a specific audience that knows or uses similar products to yours. You can say Display Advertising is a little sophisticated with its programmed features. Ads can be booked, analyzed, and optimized automatically using algorithms. Not only this, but they can also use for retargeting, i.e., when a similar product ad follows you when you have searched for the same during online shopping.
● With display advertising, you can easily target a specific audience and retarget audiences looking for similar products.
● The conversion rate is much higher and is easy to track.
● Ad blindness is so common among customers. Most users will try to ignore your ad if they are trying to read something.
● To create an impact, you need to make your ad appealing to your audience.
Mobile marketing is another helpful tool for digital marketing. At the same time, it is as broad as digital marketing itself and will overlap with many other types. E.g., Mobile can do almost everything that one does on a desktop. Also, it involves additional work such as in-app advertising, sending text messages, and using social messaging apps. Mobile Marketing is beneficial if your target audience is younger generations as they spend most of their time on mobile phones.
● Nowadays, people spend more time on their phones than on laptops and computers. So, with this marketing, you can reach people where they spend most of their time.
● You can target a specific audience in the preferred geographical area.
● There is less place for ads on a phone screen, so you cannot do much creatively. Also, mobile ads have a low click rate.
● People don’t like to be interrupted when they use their mobile phones or communicate with someone.
Social Media Marketing
Although one can broadcast ads on TV ad print media, you would have no idea how your audience will react. Also, you won’t be able to target a specific audience. But with social media, you get a whole new dimension of engagement and interaction. You can post your content, and at the same time, you can interact with the users. You will get to know what people are like and what they aren’t. There are many social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat. If you have a business, you should exist on at least two of these platforms.
● The strategy is quite effective as people like, comment, and even share your content if they find the post helpful.
● Facebook ads have been trending quite a lot, and with them, you can target specific customer segments.
● Social Media platform keeps changing their algorithms, so it’s not so easy to always stay on the top.
● It’s not about just posting pictures and videos, you need to plan the right strategy and be consistent.
As the name suggests, Influencer Marketing involves an Influencer who promotes your brand to their existing audience. Influencers can be from regular people who have good followers on social media to celebrities, experts, and other authority figures. So, if you are hiring an influence, they will recommend your product or services to their followers, who might also buy the products.
● You don’t have to wait until you have your own following set. Instead, hire an influencer to promote your products to their audience.
● If a celebrity promotes your development, you can earn some extra bucks. Also, your products get an excellent tag, especially among the younger audience.
● Don’t just pay any influencer or a celebrity. Choosing the right influencer that can relate to your brand or product and your target audience is essential.
● Influencers are a trend these days, and there has been a lot of distrust. SO choose carefully and pay them only if they are promoting your brand.
So these were the top 5 types of digital marketing. To read more interesting blogs head over to our blog section. To know more about digital marketing services head over to our website by clicking here.